After missing practice Wednesday because of illness, Eagles starting right tackle Lane Johnson was back on Thursday.
Here’s the full participant list from the beginning of Thursday’s session:
Not at practice: DeSean Jackson (abdomen), Jason Peters (knee), Nigel Bradham (ankle)
Stretching but won’t practice: Darren Sproles (quad), Tim Jernigan (foot)
Watching but won’t practice: Avonte Maddox (concussion/neck)
Returned to practice: Lane Johnson (illness)
Johnson was the only Eagles player to return to practice, but we saw a few other good signs.
- Darren Sproles went through the stretching regimen with his teammates for the first time since he suffered his quad injury against the Jets. After stretching, he went to a side field to work out with trainers. Don’t expect to see him play this weekend, but he’s getting closer.
- Same goes for Tim Jernigan. He won’t play this weekend, but could return in a week or two.
- Maddox is still not over his injury suffered in Green Bay, but it was a good sign to see him on the field watching practice. He got hurt a month from this coming Saturday. It’s taking a long time, but this is the first real sign of progress we’ve seen.
- Don’t expect Jackson, Peters, Bradham, Sproles, Jernigan or Maddox to play against the Bills. Players very rarely play on Sunday if they miss the first two practice days of the week. Because of that, those six will likely be inactive on Sunday and then the Eagles will have to find one more player -- likely Nate Herbig -- to have down.
- For now, the Eagles have one roster spot open, so look for that to go to a practice squad player. They have a few options, including DT Bruce Hector if the two rookie defensive tackles the Eagles signed aren’t really ready.
Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games easily on your device.