Not many quarterbacks have done what Jalen Hurts did Sunday and he did it all in his second career start.
He passed for 338 yards. He threw three TDs and no interceptions. He ran for 63 yards.
Hurts became the ninth quarterback in NFL history with 300 passing yards, 3 TD passes, 0 interceptions and 60 rushing yards in a game and only the second rookie, joining Justin Herbert of the Chargers, who did it in October against the Jaguars.
Stay in the game with the latest updates on your beloved Philadelphia sports teams! Sign up here for our All Access Daily newsletter.
Here are 10 more crazy Jalen Hurts stats:
- Hurts is the ninth quarterback in NFL history with four or more touchdown passes and no interceptions in his first two starts. He’s the fourth with five combined rushing and passing TDs and no interceptions. That includes all quarterbacks in their first two starts, not just rookies.
- Limiting it to just rookies, only Hurts and Marcus Mariota have combined for four TD passes and no INTs in their first two career starts. And of the two of them, only Hurts has also passed for 500 yards.
- Hurts’ total of 169 rushing yards against the Saints and Cards is the second-highest in NFL history by a quarterback in his first two career starts. Lamar Jackson had 190. Randall Cunningham is third on that list with 150 in his rookie year of 1985.
- Hurts became the fifth NFL quarterback and first rookie ever to have a game with 330 passing yards, three or more TDs and no interceptions in either his first or second career start (not counting 1987 strike replacement games).
- Hurts’ 94.7 passer rating is highest by an Eagles rookie in his first two starts since Hall of Famer Sonny Jurgensen had a 111.9 mark in his first two starts in 1957. Carson Wentz was a fraction lower at 94.1.
- Hurts is also the second QB in NFL history with 60 or more rushing yards and a 5.0 rushing average in each of his first two starts. The first was Cunningham in 1985.
- Hurts’ 44 pass attempts are 13th-most in NFL history by a rookie without an interception and second most in Eagles history, behind Nick Foles’ 51 attempts against the Buccaneers in 2012 - Andy Reid’s final win as Eagles head coach. It's the third-most attempts by any QB without an INT in his first or second start, behind Joe Burrow (61 against the Browns in September) and Dak Prescott (45 against the Giants in 2016).
- Hurts completed seven passes of 20 or more yards, the most by an Eagles quarterback since Foles had seven against the Texans in 2018. The last Eagles QB with more 20-yard completions in a game was Michael Vick, who had nine against the Chargers in 2013 (two to LeSean McCoy, four to DeSean Jackson, two to Zach Ertz and one each to Jason Avant and Brent Celek).
- The only Eagles rookies with more passing yards in a game than Hurts’ 338 Sunday are Foles twice in 2012 (381 vs. the Bucs, 345 vs. Washington) and Wentz in 2016 (364 vs. the Giants).
- Only four rookies - Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Vinny Testaverde and Cam Newton - have ever thrown for more than Hurts’ 338 yards in their first or second career start. Newton did it in each of his first two starts.