The 2022 MLB playoffs are almost here.
After 162 grueling regular season games, only 12 teams will advance to the postseason. And with less than a week remaining in the regular season, 11 of those 12 playoff spots have been clinched, leaving one up for grabs.
So, who will be the last club to clinch a playoff berth come November?
Here are the details on the 2022 MLB postseason:
When do the 2022 MLB playoffs start?
The 2022 MLB playoffs begin on Friday, Oct. 7, with four wild card games on the slate.
The regular season concludes on Wednesday, Oct. 5, giving wild card teams just one day of rest.
What is the 2022 MLB playoff format?
The latest collective bargaining agreement, signed earlier this year, implemented a new postseason format. Here’s how it works…
- Six teams make the postseason in each league – three division winners and three other teams with the best winning percentage.
- The top two teams in each league get an automatic bye into the division series.
- The wild card series is best-of-three with the higher seed hosting every game. The third division winner hosts the lowest wild card team, while the top two wild card teams face each other.
- The division series is best-of-five, with the traditional 2-2-1 home field format. The No. 1 seed plays the winner of the No. 4 vs. No. 5 wild card series. The No. 2 seed plays the winner of the No. 3 vs. No. 6 wild card series. There is no reseeding.
- The league championship series and World Series are still best-of-seven, with the traditional 2-3-2 home field format.
What is the full 2022 MLB playoff schedule?
Now that you know the format, here’s the full schedule for the 2022 MLB playoffs:
Wild Card Series
Friday, Oct. 7
- NL Wild Card A, Game 1, ESPN
- NL Wild Card B, Game 1, ESPN
- AL Wild Card A, Game 1, ESPN
- AL Wild Card B, Game 1, ESPN
Saturday, Oct. 8
- AL Wild Card A, Game 2, ESPN
- AL Wild Card B, Game 2, ESPN
- NL Wild Card A, Game 2, ESPN
- NL Wild Card B, Game 2, ESPN
Sunday, Oct. 9
- NL Wild Card A, Game 3, ESPN (if necessary)
- NL Wild Card B, Game 3, ESPN (if necessary)
- AL Wild Card A, Game 3, ESPN (if necessary)
- AL Wild Card B, Game 3, ESPN (if necessary)
Tuesday, Oct. 11
- NLDS A, Game 1, FOX or FS1
- NLDS B, Game 1, FOX or FS1
- ALDS A, Game 1, TBS
- ALDS B, Game 1, TBS
Wednesday, Oct. 12
- NLDS A, Game 2, FOX or FS1
- NLDS B, Game 2, FOX or FS1
Thursday, Oct. 13
- ALDS A, Game 2, TBS
- ALDS B, Game 2, TBS
Friday, Oct. 14
- NLDS A, Game 3, FS1
- NLDS B, Game 3, FS1
Saturday, Oct. 15
- NLDS A, Game 4, FS1 (if necessary)
- NLDS B, Game 4, FS1 (if necessary)
- ALDS A, Game 3, TBS
- ALDS B, Game 3, TBS
Sunday, Oct. 16
- ALDS A, Game 4, TBS (if necessary)
- ALDS B, Game 4, TBS (if necessary)
- NLDS A, Game 5, FS1 (if necessary)
- NLDS B, Game 5, FS1 (if necessary)
Monday, Oct. 17
- ALDS A, Game 5, TBS (if necessary)
- ALDS B, Game 5, TBS (if necessary)
League Championship Series
Tuesday, Oct. 18
- NLCS Game 1, FOX or FS1
Wednesday, Oct. 19
- NLCS Game 2, FOX or FS1
- ALCS Game 1, TBS
Thursday, Oct. 20
- ALCS Game 2, TBS
Friday, Oct. 21
- NLCS Game 3, FS1
Saturday, Oct. 22
- ALCS Game 3, TBS
- NLCS Game 4, FOX or FS1
Sunday, Oct. 23
- NLCS Game 5, FS1 (if necessary)
- ALCS Game 4, TBS
Monday, Oct. 24
- ALCS Game 5, TBS (if necessary)
- NLCS Game 6, FS1 (if necessary)
Tuesday, Oct. 25
- ALCS Game 6, TBS (if necessary)
- NLCS Game 7, FOX and FS1 (if necessary)
Wednesday, Oct. 26
- ALCS Game 7, TBS (if necessary)
Friday, Oct. 28
- Game 1, FOX
Saturday, Oct. 29
- Game 2, FOX
Monday, Oct. 31
- Game 3, FOX
Tuesday, Nov. 1
- Game 4, FOX
Wednesday, Nov. 2
- Game 5, FOX (if necessary)
Friday, Nov. 4
- Game 6, FOX (if necessary)
Saturday, Nov. 5
- Game 7, FOX (if necessary)
Who has clinched an MLB playoff berth?
The Dodgers were the first team to punch a berth to the 2022 MLB postseason. They wrapped up the NL West with almost a month of games left on the calendar by besting the Diamondbacks on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
Here’s the list of teams that have clinched a playoff berth:
- AL East champion New York Yankees
- AL Central champion Cleveland Guardians
- AL West champion Houston Astros
- AL Wild Card Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Wild Card Tampa Bay Rays
- AL Wild Card Seattle Mariners
- NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers
- NL Central champion St. Louis Cardinals
- NL East competitors Atlanta Braves and New York Mets. The NL East is the only division race that is still undecided.
- NL Wild Card San Diego Padres
Who is favored to win the 2022 World Series?
Here are the full odds to win the 2022 World Series:
Blue Jays, +1500
Editor's note: All odds are provided by our partner, PointsBet. PointsBet is our Official Sports Betting Partner and we may receive compensation if you place a bet on PointsBet for the first time after clicking our links.